2020 was a first year for a lot of industries — and drone conferences were no exception. Pretty much every drone conference in 2020 was cancelled or moved online. But the good news: many 2021 drone conferences are back on, and organizers have committed to dates and venues already. Some tickets are even up for sale.
Attending 2021 drone conferences will likely just feel like a big family reunion — and opportunity to get out and see the people we haven’t seen in a couple years. But it’s also an opportunity for anyone who works in the drone industry to connect with others. People seeking funding can meet investors. Salespeople can meet potential customers. People pitching their stories can meet with journalists. Entrepreneurs can meet business partners.
Representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration often attend, giving drone industry members a chance to meet with the government directly — channel those Part 107 recurrent test questions that way. And drone conferences also tend to provide entertainment too, whether it’s new product launches or inspiring keynotes.
With that in mind, here are the 2021 drone conferences that already have scheduled dates and venues that we’re anticipating the most. Of course, keep in mind that nothing is really ever set in stone, and these dates are still subject to change.
What’s interesting is that tons of events are happening in August. It seem unlikely that the majority of attendees at one conference will attend both, so this might create some competition for registration among conference organizers. Then again, August hits that sweet spot of safely after promises from President Joe Biden that every adult in the U.S. will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccination no later than May 1. But, it’s early enough that it likely won’t conflict with winter holiday plans of which there will surely be a lot to make up for a lost 2020 holiday travel season.
Here are the biggest, in-person drone conferences set for 2021:
- Location: The Hyatt Regency in Dallas, Texas
- Date: August 10-12, 2021
- Ticket pricing: $615 for full conference pass if purchased before 4/30, and $90 for expo-only pass if purchased before 5/29
- Location: Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia
- Date: August 16-19, 2021
- Ticket pricing: $559 for AUVSI members ($659 for non-members) if purchased before 4/15,
- Location: The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre in Queensland, Australia
- Date: August 18-19, 2021
- Ticket pricing: $636 (~$485 USD) for full delegate registration if purchased before 6/17, otherwise $795 AUD (~$605 USD).
- Location: The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Date: September 7-9, 2021
The NAB Show is run by the National Association of Broadcasters and encompasses many aspects of entertainment, media and tech, though it usually has an extensive drone component.
- Location: Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Date: October 9-13, 2021
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Date: December 7-9, 2021
Many of these events have early registration pricing discounts that end soon. If you’re thinking about attending a drone conference in 2021, it might make sense to book now to save on registration costs.
Will you be attending a drone conference in 2021, or are you going to sit this year out? Share your thoughts in the comments!