The DJI Air 3 was officially announced early this week, marking what is by far DJI’s most powerful drone yet for the price point. I’ve got an early DJI Air 3 review, which includes photos and a breakdown of the key specs already posted to my website. But you came for that first impression, that real-time look at what’s inside the box when you buy it. And so for you today, I’ve got a DJI Air 3 unboxing video.
I wasted no time trying to get my hands on DJI’s newest consumer drone so I could make this DJI Air 3 unboxing video for you. Just note that the DJI Air 3 comes in a few different configurations with various price points, which are:
- DJI Air 3 with DJI RC-N2 controller: $1,099
- DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo with DJI RC-N2 controller:$1,349
- DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo with DJI RC 2 controller: $1,549
For my Air 3 unboxing video, you’re looking at the fanciest of the bunch, which is the $1,549 DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo with DJI RC 2 controller. This video also features a few accessories that are sold separately, and include the:
- DJI RC 2: $369
- DJI Air 3 Battery Charging Hub: $69
- DJI Air 3 Intelligent Flight Battery: $159
- DJI Air 3 Low-Noise Propellers (Pair): $12
- DJI Air 3 Gimbal Protector: $12
- DJI 65W Car charger: $59
- DJI 65W charger: $59
- DJI 100W charger: $90
- ND Filter 4-Pack: $99
So with that, watch my reactions to opening the box for the first time and taking the drone out of its fresh packaging:
I talk about this drone’s key features through the video, but here’s the quick run through if you’re looking for an overview of the new DJI Air 3 drone and don’t have time to watch the whole video:
- Up to 46 minutes flight time
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
- O4 HD Video Transmission System
- Dual primary cameras
- A 1/1.3-inch CMOS wide-angle camera
- A 1/1.3-inch CMOS 3x medium tele camera that can achieve 3x optical zoom
This drone has a series of firsts. The DJI Air 3 is the first within the Air Series to boast a dual-primary camera system, meaning one drone has two cameras integrated within it. It’s also the first within the Air Series to include omnidirectional obstacle sensing, meaning it’s more ‘crash proof’ than any of its predecessors. And, it’s the first drone of the Air Series to support 2.7K vertical video shooting (9:16), which is the shooting style popularized by TikTok and Instagram Reels.
As this video makes clear, it’s no surprise that the new DJI Air 3 is now considered the best drone for photographers of 2023 seeking a high-quality camera.
For more details about the DJI Air 3 drone, check out my full DJI Air 3 drone review. And don’t overlook my DJI Air 3 comparison guides, which can help you make the best buying decision if you’re considering the DJI Air 3 vs. other DJI drones. They are:
- DJI Air 3 vs. Mini 3 Pro: which drone is better for you?
- DJI Air 3 vs DJI Air 2S: is it worth the upgrade?
And if you’re ready to get your hands on your own — so you can experience your own personal unboxing, to boot — then order your own DJI Air 3 now.