One of the most valuable surveys to give insights on the state of the current drone industry is set for an update, but — in order to actually get a 2023 drone report — you’re going to need to chip in. Drone Industry Insights, a German-based analytics firm, is calling on industry experts, participants, drone pilots and advocates (and if you’re reading this, at least on of those descriptors is likely you) to participate in the 2023 edition of the annual Drone Industry Barometer.
The survey, which has been an annual thing since 2018, will take about 10-15 minutes of your time to fill out, and all information and responses will be anonymized. Just note that DII only wants responses from professional drone users, not hobbyists. And any responses you give must represent a company (rather than stem from your own personal opinions).
And as a thank you for filling it out, you’ll get everything from a free copy of the report, which in itself has huge value, free conference tickets to a couple of events in Europe, as well as the chance to win either a Skydio 2 drone or tickets to a few other major 2023 drone events. Here’s a full list of what’s up for grabs when you participate:
- A free copy of the final Drone Industry Barometer 2023 Report: Consider it a drone data Christmas gift for drone nerds.
- A free ticket to Interaerial Solutions: This event put on through INTERGEO will be held between Oct. 10 through 12, 2023 in Berlin, Germany.
- A free ticket to Dronitaly: This event will be held between Oct. 11 through 13, 2023 in Bologna, Italy.
- A chance to win a Skydio 2 drone: DII will conduct a drawing among entrants to giveaway the epic follow-me drone to one lucky winner.
- A chance to win tickets to these other events:
- Japan Drone 2023
- Commercial UAV Expo 2023
- Amsterdam Drone Week 2024
If you’re interested in all those goodies, fill out the 2023 Drone Industry Barometer survey here. And your participating in helping create the 2023 drone report is important for more than just those freebies, of course.
The survey is essential for drone businesses to make informed decisions — and it’s constantly referenced right here on The Drone Girl to illuminate trends, document growth and offer up key data. More recently, insights (from both the 2022 Drone Industry Barometer and other studies and projects from DII), have included data on 2022 drone investment figures and the top individual investors or venture capital funds, the top drone makers of 2022, the biggest drone service providers of 2022 and an analysis on whether the hobby drone market might be shrinking.
The survey period is open between now and June 30, 2023, though you might as well fill out the 2023 Drone Industry Barometer survey now.