In the world of consumer-oriented drones, there are kite drones and modular drones. There are also GoPro drones and foldable drones. But there’s one common theme among this aerial menagerie: They all compete with drone behemoth DJI.
Some reports estimate that the multibillion-dollar Chinese drone manufacturer has as much as 70% of the total drone market share.
But one drone maker thinks it has a shot at taking on DJI with its newest offering.
The thing is, it looks nothing like a drone. It looks like an egg.
- Weight: 4.6 lbs (Battery and propellers included)
- Maximum Flight Speed: 13 m/s (Professional mode)
- Maximum Ascent/Descent Speed: 5 m/s ascending; 2 m/s descending
- Maximum Flight Time: Approx. 23 mins
- Optical Positioning System Range Altitude Range: 0.66 – 13.12 ft
- Max Transmission Distance: 3.1 mi (Subject to regulation andlocal operating conditions).
The PowerEgg drone is available for pre-order for $1,288 and begins shipping in October.